The TNG website software underwent a lot of changes, so it was time to upgrade it to the next subversion level. We did that and the following mods were reinstalled.
- Life Dates on Separate Lines updated
- Add person Row reinstalled
- Ancestor Map updated
- Burial Website Media Import updated
- Cemetery Disclaimer (my mod) upgraded & updated and webpage updated
- Create Sitemap updated
- Social Buttons reinstalled
- Children event map updated
- Email sender’s IP to help stop spam comments added
- Family Indicators updated
- Family Preview updated
- Family Group Worksheet extension updated
- FGW tabs updated
- ID Prefix format updated
- Tooltip media updated
- Mouse Wheel Zoom updated
- New Account Request Form mod updated and heavily customized
- Removed password generator
- Personal Table Maintenance updated
- Person not found updated
- Places subject to deletion updated
- Redundant Persons tab updated
- Search from help reinstalled
- Submit headstone photo updated
- Submit photo mod reinstalled
- Submit photo/document updated
- Surname Cloud tooltip updated
- User footer copyright mod updated
- American Dates reinstalled
- Hebrew Dates on hold
WAMP server setup on my desktop computer. IIS server had to be shut down and the various services using it had to be stopped. Once I found all the SQL types and shut them off, things began to work! Surprise!
TNG installed on WAMP server. This worked out pretty well. Next was the data move and it was a real problem. Several data dumps from the website later, we managed to find a way for BigDump to do the job, and it did it!
Next we created a Gedcom from RootsMagic and it took a long time. We ran the import on TNG desktop and it worked well! Surprise. The combing of the results has yielded some problems to overcome:
- _Color tag is worthless in TNG, turned off of desktop verson
- Family Search tag of event needed to be labeled, done on desktop
- Place details is actually just an address holder, so cemeteries and addresses that were setup in RootsMagic must be corrected so TNG’s cemetery feature can work.
- County had to be deleted from RootsMagic places and so before merge should be deleted from TNG data, or there will be several hundred more unused Places.
- Cemeteries in TNG had to have “of America” dropped from United States even for old data to work
- Cemetery Disclaimer had removed the name from the page, code repaired, zipped uploaded, wiki fixed
- Memorial Footnotes fixed for FindAGrave of recent entries
- Place names address fields reworked to show address and not place name, while preserving old address details. Done with temp tables, perl, regex, and sqlite ide
Hundreds of small address fixes and additions where missing.
Change of Douthit Family Cemetery of Piedmont SC from address to place again
Many streets added to address field and those that were present had the following fixes made:
- Rd. to Road
- Rd to Road
- St. to Street
- St to Street
- Ave. to Avenue
- Ave to Avenue
- S. to South
- N. to North
- W. to West
- E. to East
- Blvd. to Boulevard
- Blvd to Boulevard
- Dr. to Drive
- Dr to Drive
Finally succeeded in getting the address field information corrected and merged! Wow, that alone took all week!
Known duplicate addresses were removed.
Test export of data to desktop TNG successful.